A few CG aliens will join Jyn Erso’s team of Rebel soldiers in the upcoming anthology film.
We now know the names of the Rebel officers responsible for stealing the Death Star plans. Thanks to early pages from “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story’s” visual story guide, posted by edelweiss, the film’s cast has been revealed — along with a few new characters as well. There’s still a slight possibility that this information isn’t totally accurate as the pages themselves aren’t the final versions, but we’ll post a spoiler warning just in case.
As revealed in the “Rogue One” trailer, Felicity Jones is playing Jyn Erso (“a highly skilled soldier and warrior”). Joining her are:
– Captain Cassian Andor (Diego Luna), an officer in the Rebel Alliance
– Baze (Jiang Wen), a freelance assassin
– Bodhi (Riz Ahmed), a rebel soldier
– Pao, a “fierce warrior” alien that’s a CG character
– Chirrut (Donnie Yen), a spiritual warrior
– Bistan, another “fierce warrior” CG alien
– K-250 (Alan Tudyk), a CG Imperial Enforcer Droid that’s defected to the Rebellion
– Director Krennec (Ben Mendelsohn), an Imperial military director
It’s worth pointing out that a lot of the character description text is either vague or placeholder text from previous “Star Wars” companion books; the text accompanying the Imperial officers’ page, for instance, looks like it was pulled from a “The Force Awakens’” costume guide. Similarly, much of the descriptive text for the Rebel team is a variation on the same information. Each characters’ name and role, though, is unique.
The visual story guide arrives in stores on January 24, 2017; “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” debuts in theaters on December 16.